Samsung Galaxy SII with Cyanogenmod: 'Storage Space Low'

On my Galaxy SII I've been getting warnings about 'storage space low'. After trying to work through cleaning up apps, removing photos and movies, I wasn't making much headway. In system settings 'storage' there appears to be a large part of the internal memory free...but it is not recognised as free.  I am using Cyanogenmod, and found a forum post about a log file accumulation that eats memory in this way.

I followed these instructions with Terminal Emulator:
1. Get superuser access:
  su -
(and allow access when prompted).
2. Change current directory: (I had to search for the directory...which turned out to be something like /data/logs)
  cd /var/log
3. (optional) You can see how much space (in KB) is being used by log files with this command:
  du -k .
4. (optional) If you want to see the names of the log files:
  ls
5. Delete log files with
  rm *.log
6. End superuser session:
  exit
7. End terminal session:
  exit 
Now all is well, got my free GBs back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Batch upload videos to Youtube from Synology DS

On the homogenisation of time

Air China Rant