Home made jidanbing (鸡蛋饼)

I had seen this dish on some cooking shows, and in a few youtube videos, so I was happy to find it being sold in the mornings on the street infront of the restaurants near my hotel...good, quick, fairly healthy breakfast for 3-5 RMB!

I found a few recipes online, and have been making it a couple times a week at my place since my return.

Mix in a small bowl:

  • Two eggs
  • Two spoonfulls of flour (medium soup spoons)
  • A dash of Baking powder
  • A drip of oil
  • A drip of soy sauce


Then add to the egg mix:

  • 1 chopped green onion

Grill the mix like a pancake, flipping once when the edges are
dry.

After a couple of minutes, the egg cake is done. Spread a small amount of HoiSin Sauce on one half.

Add the 'filling'. A few leaves of lettuce...maybe some beansprouts. It seems that the filling can vary a bit。

Roll up and enjoy burrito style


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Batch upload videos to Youtube from Synology DS

On the homogenisation of time

Air China Rant