windows 7 - Why can't Win7 remember my tether? New Connection Setup every time - Super User

Using my android phone tethered to my laptop for internet, I wanted to prevent Windows from incrementely increasing the network connection's name everytime I recconect the phone.

Originally posted at the link posted at the end of this blog post.


  1. Open Network & Sharing Center
  2. Change adapter settings
  3. Right click (on your tethered "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device", in my case its "LAN-Huawei-USB")
  4. Status
  5. Details
  6. Copy the IPv4 Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway & DNS Servers (in my case it's- ipv4: 192.168.42.11, subnet: 255.255.255.0, gateway: 192.168.42.129, dns servers: 208.67.222.222 & 8.8.8.8)
  7. again Right click (on your tethered "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device", in my case its "LAN-Huawei-USB")
  8. Properties
  9. Highlight "Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
  10. Properties
  11. Use the following IP address:
  12. enter what you copied earlier from STATUS here
  13. OK
  14. close all windows


Now your computer will stop creating Networks, mine has stopped at "Network 14"


windows 7 - Why can't Win7 remember my tether? New Connection Setup every time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Batch upload videos to Youtube from Synology DS

On the homogenisation of time

Air China Rant